You Made it Through 2020--Here's Your RibbonDec 18, 2020
You Participated in 2020. Congratulations.
So, it's Friday, December 18, and the best thing I can say to all of you today is:
- Thanks for being here. For reading what I write and choosing to learn to be a better leader, and
- I'm happy to award this "Participated" ribbon to you!
I've had this ribbon around my office for a few years. I got it the same day I bought the demerit badge for whining (see below and BTW you can buy these badges here. I think I have earned the "caffeine addict", "chocoholic", "martini", "pizza", "I survived", and "overloaded" badges this year--perhaps several more).
This ribbon is a marker you can use to recognize the confusion, agony, waiting, refreshing your phone, voting, masking up, arguing, homeschooling, washing hands, ordering online, Zoom calls, and sanitizing you did this year. Congratulations!
You made it through 2020.
I really hope your 2020 was more than just making it, yet if you just made it through, that's fine. You were here. You participated.
You learned a lot, and while this year has been really, REALLY awful in many ways, you are still here.
(Please note this awards ceremony took place socially distanced, within the dreaded Zoom interface.)
Don't Forget to Get Your Anti-Lazy Leadership Planner.
Now, for you, the anti-lazy leader, a quick, tough-love message from me:
It never happens by accident. Never.
Trust me on this. I've coached over a hundred execs 1:1 and over 2,000 people in workshops.
Leadership happens because you say you will do it and you follow through.
So, watch the webinar and download the planner.
Check Out the Preview of the Only Online Manager Training You'll Ever Want
Your managers need and want training. You know that.
- Bite-sized: short video lessons walk managers through what they need to know, fast. Snappy, honest, and to the point.
- Available 24/7: your managers log on when they can and when they want. And they have access to a private (no FB groups here) community where I answer their questions.
- Ready to download and reference anytime: decks, transcripts, cheat sheets, and exercises are all available.
- Reasonably priced and full of quality content, written and hosted by a leadership expert who coaches Fortune 500 C-Suite leaders (that's me!).
- Fun, engaging, and practical (boring not allowed).
- Easy for HR/L&D to set up. We do the work so you don't have to. (nice, eh?)
Ready to check it out? Sign up for the free preview here.
Bye, Bye 2020 . . . and Our First 2021 Webinar is All About Promotions
And that's a wrap for 2020.
Lots of good stuff coming in 2021, including a webinar on January 12 about getting ready for a promotion! I've asked my friend and fellow coach Stacy Mayer to talk to the Awesome Leader community about getting ready for a promotion. Details are here. Mark your calendars!
PS I swear Zoom steals a little of my soul each day, but I won't be a crybaby about it (see below).
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.