So, what do you do with managers who
don't know how to lead teams?
They need training and coaching. And they need it online. Now.
While HR and the training team look for online training options, these managers risk developing "bad" habits.
They start to wreak havoc. They don't know how to have 1:1 meetings, how to give feedback, or how to delegate. But they sure seem to figure out how to demotivate their teams. Cringe (as most teenagers would say)!
Bad managers = unhappy programmers, financial analysts, IT managers, DevOps engineers, recruiters, product leaders, and [insert the people you're afraid will quit].
Don't cover your eyes or ears. You have to figure this out.
You have to train people to be great leaders.
The top 4 reasons why people quit their jobs are ALL about poor management and relationships.
No matter how good your managers are in their day-to-day tasks, they need to learn to be great managers to get work done.
And you know that:
An engineering background doesn't train them how to give a tough performance review.
An accounting degree doesn't train them how to mediate conflicts.
A sales background doesn't train them how to engage employees.
So many people go with their gut or . . . copy whatever someone else is doing.
Great managers aren't born. They're built.
Sure, it takes time and effort but not as much as you think.
In just six short weeks, your team can have a solid foundation to not only be better at managing relationships in their current roles but also gain the leadership and communication skills to move up your org chart.
And this is the training to get them there.
Meet The Awesome Manager Workshop
A high-impact, no-nonsense, ridiculously effective training program for managers interested in becoming the leader their teams remember. (In a good way.)
Lessons are under 15 minutes each. Everyone has 15 minutes each day.
In less than two months, you'll have a team that's not only good at their jobs but ready to take on bigger, more strategic work.
Caution! Side effects include more effective meetings, better communication, happier employees, higher employee engagement, and less turnover of top performers. (You're welcome.)
In this 6-week, self-paced, online training program, your team receives live support, video and audio lessons, and a community forum.
Your team will learn tangible management skills and easy-to-implement theories and then put the learning to work . . . while they work.
Here Are the Resources Your Managers Get
Here's What the Program Looks Like
Welcome! (The part where we say what you're going to learn.)
- Assess your current skills as a manager and compare with what your manager thinks
- Identify the top and bottom performers on your team
- Connect with your coach
The Big Picture: Why Awesome Leadership is a Must
(Science and soft stuff come together!)
- Understand the science behind employee engagement and hero-status soft skills
- Clarify responsibilities you don't realize are on your plate
- Manage up like never before (it's so much easier than you think)
Goals Are Required (Without them, what are we even doing?)
- Watch the power of SMART goal writing in action
- Become an expert in creating goals (and keeping) SMART goals
- Learn how to create accountability (in yourself and your team) that sticks
Everyone is Hungry for Feedback (Even if it's bad feedback)
- Squash fears and get past previous mistakes about the "F" word
- Get the low-down on feedback basics like what it is, how to give it, why it’s so dang hard. Write feedback you can deliver the next day.
- Learn the COOL Model, a framework for tough conversations 😎
Delegate Like a Pro ("More work is better!" said no one, ever!)
- Bust myths and fears around delegating
- Learn how delegating garners respect (everyone wants you to do it)
- Plan and practice to become an expert delegator
Top Managerial Sticky Situations (And how to clean them up)
- Get walked through the top challenges managers face. The names are changed, but the stories are real.
- Tackle situations like:
- managing former peers
- roller coaster employee: good one day, bad the next, up and down, around again
- the superstar employee who wants a promotion (but you’ve got nothing to offer)
- tough conversations with rude, condescending, or low EQ employees
- those unique to your company. Tell us the details and we write the case study.
Ninja-Like Action Planning (So your whole team kicks up to a higher level. Hiii-ya!)
- Create and calendar your actions to be an awesome manager
- Get action plans reviewed by your peers and your coach ;)
- Watch a 15-minute review of the whole course and design your "easy" accountable plan
Leadership isn't a natural skill for everyone, but anyone can learn it.
line of text
I've said it before and I'll say it again . . .
Great leaders aren't born. They're built.
Here's Why The Program Works
Rather than make your team sit through day-long presentations (over Zoom, ugh) that put them to sleep, our lessons are short, engaging, practical, and more binge-able than "Ted Lasso" or "Lovecraft County" or "Call My Agent" or "The White Lotus." (Or your pick. You get the idea.)
Each 15-minute (or less) lesson is packed with the essential information managers need to lead, manage, delegate, resolve, and succeed in both their current and future roles.
All killer, no filler.
Awesome Manager is perfect if your team members are . . .
Great at hard skills and need help with the "soft" stuff
Managing people for the first time or never learned how to manage
Ready to experience less "ugh" and more ease as managers
The people you need to uplevel, so you can get out of the weeds
Book a call with Leila to preview the content and get your managers ready for awesome.
Your job becomes easier when your team knows how to lead.
If you've read this far, then you already know there's an issue. And it's not one that will solve itself.
You've seen it year after year with the same engagement survey results.
Sure, employee turnover is a part of almost any business, but managerial problems don't have to be.
In this 6-week, self-paced, online intensive training program, your managers receive live support while sharpening their vision of effective leadership.
They learn tangible management skills and easy-to-implement theories and then put them to work . . . while they work.
"I wish I had hired Leila during my stint as a CEO. I looked back and realize I would have made better decisions faster. I understand why people recommend her. She is brilliant."
Venture Partner & Former CEO
Known to cause (awesome) breakthroughs in management and leadership.
That’s a bold statement, indeed. And, it’s true (and backed by 20+ years of coaching experience).
Meet Leila: the creator of AwesomeLeader.com.