Most people get promoted to leadership because they're great at what they do.
. . . not because they're great at managing the people
who do the work.
An engineering background doesn’t offer the skills to give a tough performance review.
An accounting degree doesn’t train people how to mediate conflicts between team members or take steps to increase employee engagement.
So, in situations where managers are called on to lean into those not-yet-developed soft skills, work becomes harder than it needs to be.
Things fall through the cracks, and managers experience:
They doubt their instincts and natural gifts, thinking they "just" need to change, they but don’t know what to change or how.
That’s when they start believing they’re not cut out for the gig.
That they weren’t "born" to be a manager.
Cue frustration. Cue burnout.
Managers dread Mondays and wrap up the week with fully-deflated Fridays.
Swap some other adjectives in the place of "deflated", if you like.
Taking the time to understand the nuances of management can seem like another "to do" to add to the list.
But here’s why dialing in these subtle skills is critical:
Bit of a bleak outlook, right?
But here’s the good news:
A manager’s soft skills are the antidote to all those struggles and challenges.
A manager's soft skills are the key to a team's wellbeing and a company's profits.
And they can be taught.
The bad news? People rarely learn those skills.
Presenting Awesome Leader’s premiere learning experience:
A high-impact, no-nonsense, ridiculously effective training program for managers interested in becoming the leader their teams remember.
In this 6-week, self-paced, online intensive training program, participants receive live support while sharpening their vision of effective leadership.
They learned tangible management skills and easy-to-implement theories and then put them to work . . . while they work.
Venture Partner & former CEO
"I wish I had hired Leila during my stint as a CEO. I look back and realize I would have made better decisions faster. I understand why people recommend her. She is brilliant."
Here is what your managers will learn
Diving In: Welcome to Awesome Management
- Understand the data around soft skills that drives hard results
- Discover a personal definition of the "best manager"
- Assess the present and identify specific skills to focus on developing
Module #1: The Big Picture: Why Awesome Leadership is a Must
- Understand the science behind employee engagement + hero-status soft skills
- Clarify responsibilities managers didn’t realize were on their plate
- How to ask for help in a way that works (and gets people noticed for the right reasons)
Module #2: Goals are Required
- Watch the power of SMART goal writing in action
- Become an expert in creating goals (and keeping) SMART goals
- How to create accountability that sticks
Module #3: Everyone is Hungry for Feedback
- Squash fears and get past previous mistakes about the "F" word
- Get the low-down on feedback basics including what it is, how to give it, why it’s so dang hard
- Learn the COOL Model, a framework for tough conversations
Module #4: Delegate Like a Pro
- Bust myths and fears around delegating
- Learn how delegating garners respect (and why everyone wants managers to do it)
- Access best practices for becoming a master delegator
Module #5: Top Managerial Sticky Situations
- Get walked through the top challenges managers face. The names are changed but the stories are real.
- Scenarios include:
- managing former peers
- tackling roller coaster performance: good one day, bad the next
- coaching a high performer who wants a promotion (but you’ve got nothing to offer)
- how to have tough conversations with rude, condescending, or low EQ individuals
Module #6: Ninja-Like Action Planning
- Create and calendar your actions
- 3-minute video reviews of each module
- 2-page cheatsheets
Here are all the resources your managers will get
Whether a startup, a growing company, or a multinational corporation, communication and management fundamentals are the same.
Because people want more than promotions: they want to be good at their jobs.
They want to be awesome managers and lead awesome teams.
So, if the managers you’re supporting are . . .
Curious about learning how to find success through their people succeeding
Committed to being a boss their team members remember
Interested in experiencing less "ugh" and more ease
And want to find the fun in their leadership learning curve
. . . then we’ve got some exciting work to do together.
Known to cause (awesome) breakthroughs in management and leadership.
That’s a bold statement, indeed. And, it’s true (and backed by 20 years of coaching experience).
Meet Leila: your Awesome Manager facilitator.